About this course
Through reflective inquiry, art based activities and well researched theory and experiential insights, we take our leaders on a journey to explore and experiment with
- How they think about leadership (and followership) – their personal philosophy and beliefs around it
- How they see themselves as leaders, and their intentions and goals
- How this actually looks like in practice
- What outcomes and results are observed when they practice
- What they learn about themselves, their skills, competencies and performance
- How they apply that learning
We take an Action Inquiry approach to our training sessions, and the discussions, explorations, learning and practice activities reflect this. We take a fun and creative approach to our leadership programs, and the journalling, storytelling, art, drama, yoga, body movement therapy based activities used in our programs reflect this.
We have several flagship training programs
- Leader as coach – see here for more information
- Narrative Leadership – Becoming Your Own Story
- Thinking with stories
- The relational leader – Building relationships as a leader
What are the different skills that can be expected to be learnt in this training
Our Leadership Development training program incorporate all or some of the following content and skills areas, based on organizational needs.
- Self Development
- Assertiveness and confidence building
- Performance conversations
- Conflict resolution
- Presentation skills
- Team building
- Emotional Intelligence
- Narrative Leadership
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
What is the duration of a training program?
There are options for
- Half a day
- Full day
- Two day
We have some very specific leadership and organisational issues. How will these programs cover it?
We know that one size does not fit all, especially when an organisation has particular areas of competencies they want to develop and overcome specific leadership challenges. In these instances, the training program becomes part of an Organisation Development initiative (see here for more about this), and we design the training program in phases. The phases consist of data gathering, speaking to the decision makers and stakeholders, conducting focus group discussions, in order to understand the organisational context in depth. Based on this we design our case studies and training activities and program specifically for the organisation.