About this course
Improving communication and building good relationships is a life long journey. In our training programs you will acquire the tools to do that. We also hope to help you develop your passion and commitment to continue learning and improving. Through reflective inquiry, art based activities, well researched theory and experiential insights, we take you on a journey to:
- Assess your current communication patterns, strengths and challenges
- Develop learning goals for improving your communication and relationships
- Practice and experiment with communication situations and relationship dynamics in a workshop setting
- Commit to practical action inquiries to practice in the real world
- Observe outcomes and apply lessons learnt
We take an Action Inquiry (see FAQ below) approach to our training sessions. The discussions, explorations, learning and practice exercises reflect this. We take a fun and creative approach to our leadership programs. The role playing, case studies, journalling, storytelling, art, drama, yoga, body movement therapy based activities used in our programs reflect this.
We have several flagship training programs
- Performance and Coaching Conversations – see here for more information
- Inter-personal Relationship Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Effective Business Communication (including email)
- Crucial Conversations – managing difficult conversations
What are the different skills that can be expected to be learnt in this training
Our Communication Skills training program incorporate all or some of the following content and skills areas, based on organizational needs.
- Non-violent communication
- Listening Skills
- Assertiveness and confidence building
- Giving Feedback
- Performance conversation
- Conflict resolution
- Presentation skills
- Managing team dynamics
- Emotional Intelligence
- Narrative Leadership
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
What is the duration of a training program?
There are options for
- Half a day
- Full day
- Two day
We have some very specific communication and organisational issues. How will these programs cover it?
We know that one size does not fit all. Some organisations have particular competencies they want to develop. Some have specific communication challenges. In these instances, the training program becomes part of an Organisation Development initiative (see here for more about this). As such, we design the training program in phases. The phases consist of data gathering, speaking to the decision makers and stakeholders, conducting focus group discussions, in order to understand the organisational context in depth. Based on this, we design our case studies and training activities and program specifically for the organisation. We also build in coaching and follow-up sessions to help participants review and assess their progress.
What is Action Inquiry?
It is a way of learning and acting in the best possible way in the present moment. In this process we become more reflective and open to learning as we act. Action Inquiry helps organisations and communities and individuals to become more aware of themselves. Living life becomes a more creative and transformative journey.